Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thing # 15

Library 2.0 is scary yet very exciting. I say scary because it doesn't leave a librarian any other choice but to learn the latest and greatest that is out there or be left behind. Library 2.0 sees how society is changing and what it needs to do to keep up with it. I can remember the days of card catalogs, micro-film, and micro fiche and even though still in existence in places these things have been replaced with the new technology that the library 2.0 brings. Even though Library 2.0 is still a little difficult for me to wrap my head around because I am still so new and still discovering so many things that are out there I feel that it is essential for me to stay up to date and informed not only for my job and my students but for my own children as well.

No comments: