Friday, August 1, 2008

Thing #7

I was surprised that Google had so many things to offer. I didn't realize that you could share and do that many items. I really enjoyed the calendar and the Picasa photos. I could see using this for our school's website to keep parents up to date on the things that are happen around our school and when. Teachers could even have one for their classrooms to use for homework or the days they will be testing, having parties, etc... The school could also obtain permission by parents and as we take photos of our students and activities they could be posted to the site and shared as well with the Picasa photos.

Even though I was suppose to be looking at this as more from an educational standpoint I actually think that I will use it for personal as well. It would be so useful to have a calendar on the computer that you can access when needed. I also would like to share more photos with my family of my daughter's dance and through Picasa I would be able to do just that. I really enjoyed learning about these.

No comments: