Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thing # 16

Wikis I was a skeptic, but now I am a believer. I really enjoyed the wiki project that my partner and I did for the midterm and everyday I am seeing more and more uses for it. This next year I have plans to start a book club for my second grade GT. I will probably expand it to the entire 2nd grade the following year with other variations. Since my school only contains Pre-K - 2nd grade I have some limits, but I feel that if I start with the GT students this will not only give them a challenge it will help me work out any kinks that may come up. I also want to create a wiki for request for resources. I think that it would give everyone a good idea of what resources are needed and what other teachers are requesting. This will also expand into collaboration. I actually just thought that adding a wiki site for collaboration. Maybe teachers would find it easier to collaborate and send their ideas through a wiki. I'll have to try it and let you know how it works.

No comments: